Monday, November 17, 2008

Strange Conversations Podcasts

I listened to four different podcasts from the EDM 310 classes. I listened to iTunes for High School Teachers by Lisa Frye, Lisha Portis, and Joshua Andry; Blogs and Blogging by Silas Smith, Andrea Williams, and Lashandra Pruitt; and Useful Internet Sites for Elementary Teachers by Brennan Gibson, Hanna Callais, Ashley Wheeler, and Kimberly Dees.
Overall I think everyone did very well, although there is definitely room for improvement. Sometimes you can tell that the speaker is reading a script instead of talking from notes. You can also hear that some people were nervous...I was too. There were also a lot of filler words, especially "um". After listening to my podcast, I realized that I said "um" at the end of every sentence. I had no idea that I was doing that. While some people talked clearly, others talks quietly or too fast. In one podcast, there was a lot of rustling papers. While there were mistakes, there was also a lot of good things. People carried on conversations very well. People didn't interrupt each other too much. Everyone seemed well prepared and already had an idea of what they were going to say. Some of the podcasts were very funny. One group carried on the conversation very well, but at the end while Dr. Strange was wrapping the podcast up, everyone started laughing. This may have not been very professional, but it was funny.
Overall, I think this was a success. This was the first time that a lot of us have tried podcasting. Mistakes and nerves are to be expected. I think it is best to conduct the podcast as a conversation. It makes things more interesting. Good job everybody!

No comments: