Monday, November 24, 2008

Correspondence with Teacher

I emailed Mr. Chamberlain, a fifth grade teacher at Noel Elementary in Noel, MO. I found his class blog during a previous assignment. His class blog is very developed and the students have their own blogs, in which they regularly make posts. I decided to ask him a few questions about blogging. He has been making class web pages for several years. He switched to blogging to allow feedback from the students. I asked him what he thought about teachers who feel they don't have the time to incorporate blogging and other forms of technology into the classroom. He basically said that if teachers want to have students blog, it can be done. Since I am going to become a PE teacher, I asked if he had any suggestions on blogging in PE class. He gave me a link to a blog that is kept by a PE teacher in Milwaukee. The blog was very helpful. I enjoyed viewing the activities and got a few ideas for my future classes. Talking to Mr. Chamberlain was very helpful. I received ideas on how to incorporate blogging into the physical education classroom and I know that if I make the time, it can be done.
The Milwaukee PE blog can be found at http://fairviewpe.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Wm Chamberlain said...

I enjoyed answering your questions. Please feel free to ask more if you like.
Mr. C