Monday, October 13, 2008

Podcasts

podcasting for dummies
Listening to the podcasts made me very nervous about my class podcast. I don't think I have ever talked continuously for that long. I don't know how everyone kept the conversation going. i realize I will have to be prepared with notes.
One thing I did not like about podcasts is having to listen for that long. I am definitely a visual learner and podcasts do not hold my attention for long.
I liked the Kidcast idea that "Questions Make the World Go Round", but listening to one person talk the whole time got to be boring. My favorite was probably This Week in Photography. The first guy whom I'm assuming is the host brought in someone who knew a lot about the printers used by photographers.
The podcasts were kind of like radio talk shows. The people were there because they had knowledge and experience about their topic. I think it is better with more than one person because they can help each other and add ideas and topics. I don't think I am a huge fan of podcasting, but I will still try to listen to them in the future.

No comments: