Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What I Have Learned in EDM 310!

Absolutely Nothing! Just Kidding. Actually, I have learned A LOT, This has been one of my favorite classes. Instead of having a lot of information pounded into my head, I learned how to do a lot of things on my own. Dr. Strange says, "If we don't know the answer, that's okay, we'll just figure it out." This is a great way to teach and learn. If I had to list what I learned this would be it, but I'll probably leave something out...(1)Spreadsheets. I have worked on excel before but I didn't even know about Google spreadsheets. Dr. Strange taught us about loans and buying cars, this is stuff that I will definitely use in the future. (2)ACCESS. I didn't know anything about his. Students are able to take classes online and communicate with other schools. There is so much to that program. I had the opportunity to visit an ACCESS lab, which helped me understand the program much better. (3) Podcasts. I had never even listened to a podcasts before. Now I am a subscriber! I definitely never planned on creating one. While this made me nervous, it was a great experience. (4) Blogging. Wow, this has probably been my favorite experience in this class. Keeping up a blog all semester has been hard work, but I really got into it. I know I will definitely have a blog for my future PE class. (5) I also learned the importance of incorporating technology into the classroom. The world is growing smaller through technology and it is important that our students are proficient in this area.
There are a few things that I would like to have done in this class, but didn't. I would have liked to have posted and recorded the podcast myself, or at least gone over how it is done. Also, we talked about facebook a little bit. I have been too lazy to set up a facebook account. If I could have done so in this class I might have kept it up. But these are things that I now feel capable of accomplishing myself, so I guess that is the point of this class.

No comments: